Friday, September 30, 2016

First Month Into High School


It has been a month since I started high school. It feels as if it was just yesterday that I was entering the school on the first day with so many mixed emotions. I adjusted pretty quickly and it honestly is not as bad as I thought it would be. In this past month, I've learned that the best thing about high school is the freedom. This was a big part of the transition from middle school to high school. I was so used to being watched over and given specific instructions on what to do and what not to do in middle school. However, I now realized that there is a lot more independence and less rules. For example, we have the option to go out for lunch now because it is an open campus. We also have the opportunity to use our phones without getting in trouble. Another aspect of high school which I really have been enjoying is how work became more digital, due to the fact we were given IPads. I think it allows me to work faster and find information more easily. Everything has been going smoothly and I actually like high school a lot better. Although there are a few things that I did not wish changed from when I was in middle school. Lunch for the last 3 years was with all my friends, the whole grade level. In high school we are split up into different lunch periods and I don't love the fact that I am unable to see all my friends during the day and catch up with them. The high school also happens to be very big and I don't like that I'll have one class on one side of the school and the next one on the opposite side. Overall, it has been a really different and cool change and I'm looking forward to the rest of my high school career.



No comments:

Post a Comment