Tuesday, September 27, 2016

God Mind Map



In class we were assigned to Genesis 6-9 for homework. These sections discussed the story of Noah's ark. We were instructed to find examples of God's indirect characterization. S.T.E.A.L is something that helps to describe the qualities of indirect characterization. Speech, thoughts, effect on others, actions, and looks of the character. As I was reading, I came across a number of things which all helped me to understand God's character. For example, God says "I have determined to
make an end of all flesh; for the earth is filled with violence through them; behold, I will destroy them with the earth" on page 8 of Genesis 6. This shows that God is powerful and superior, he has authority. Before analyzing this into deeper thought I initially pictured God to be selfish in a way, he wanted the world exactly how he saw it, even if it involved wiping out all living things which is sort of cruel. However, I realized that he regret what he had did and realized that living things are important so he admit his mistake and said he would never do it again. Because of indirect characterization, I now better understand what characters in stories are truly like. I enjoyed this lesson and found it to be easy, I'd like to work with indirect characterization again.

No comments:

Post a Comment